FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 5, 2020

 

L&I Holding Virtual Town Hall on Unemployment Benefits Tomorrow at 1 p.m.

 

Harrisburg, PA – Pennsylvanians can ask questions directly to unemployment compensation experts during the Department of Labor & Industry’s (L&I) eleventh live virtual town hall from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM tomorrow, Thursday, August 6, 2020. The event will feature information about regular unemployment compensation (UC) and other federal COVID-19-related benefits programs.

How to participate

A livestream will be online at https://access.live/PAlabor. Those without internet access can listen by calling 1-833-380-0719, however access is limited so we ask that they be reserved for individuals who need them.

Participants can ask questions live during the town hall. To protect participants’ personal confidential information, detailed answers about individual claim questions cannot be answered during the town hall.

Pennsylvania has implemented all of the new programs under the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

Improving Customer Service

Additionally, 94 percent of the eligible claimants have been paid or are not eligible for benefits among applicants from March 15 and July 4, if they filed a continuing claim to request a payment. The remaining 6 percent are claims that the automated system couldn’t approve for various reasons and are under individual review by staff.

Important Resources and Links

Recordings of prior public town halls are available here. Additional unemployment benefits information is available on L&I’s website, Facebook or Twitter.

 

MEDIA CONTACT: Penny Ickes, dlipress@pa.gov

                                                                 # # #